- The graph prepared by Art Market Research shows that the annual rate of return for works by Caillebotte has increased by 15.1% since 1976.
- The annual rate of return for Caillebotte works has gone up by 19.5% in the last 10 years.
- Authenticity: This painting is accompanied by a certificate of authenticity from the Comité Caillebotte, the definitive authority on the artist’s paintings.
- Date: One of Caillebotte’s best-known paintings, Paris Street; Rainy Day, at the Art Institute of Chicago, was painted in the same year, 1877.
- Provenance: This painting belonged to the personal collection of fellow artist Mary Cassatt until her death in 1926.
- Context: This subject matter is of importance in Caillebotte’s personal history as it depicts the garden at his family’s home in the Yerres valley, where they lived from 1860 to 1879. Caillebotte created around 80 paintings of these grounds.
- Finite supply: Caillebotte created 565 paintings and pastels in his lifetime.