Heather James Fine Art provides a wide range of client-based services catered to your specific art collecting needs. Our Operations team includes professional art handlers, a full registrar department and logistical team with extensive experience in art transportation, installation, and collection management. With white glove service and personalized care, our team goes the extra mile to ensure exceptional art services for our clients.
ESTATE AND TAX PLANNING
Full documentation of the artwork or collection with digital records, photography, and condition reports for Fair Market Value estate planning.
Facilitation of appraisals for insurance purposes and estate tax filing needs.
Interfacing with museums to facilitate donations, including assistance navigating the necessary tax documents and legal forms.
Obtaining appraisal documents for donation purposes.
Cataloguing your collection with detailed inventory documentation including photography, condition reports, and certificates of insurance organized and maintained in our digital records.
Installation and security
- Full-service installation for all art types and sizes.
- Wall-to-wall art handling services: installation and de-installation; custom packing for transport or storage; specialized installation for earthquake mitigation and theft mitigation; consultation on security systems.
- Home curation: in-house installers and in-house curators to help place and design the collection; advising on lighting and custom display systems such as pedestals and vitrines.
- Facilitation of conservation, restoration, and preservation.
Strategic loans to museums globally
In-house registrar department to oversee logistical planning, necessary paperwork, and documentation for museum loans.
Interface with auction houses, dealers and private clients
Logistical coordination with auction houses, including packing, pick-up, transport, and installation.
Relationships with dealers and private clients for sourcing artwork.
Assessing artwork condition and quality for purchase consideration; assistance obtaining certificates of authentication from artist foundations or expert scholars.
Location tracking for all your works.
Custom packing to ensure your artwork arrives to it’s new location in the same condition it departed.
Multiple delivery options to suit your needs.
Climatized storage and transportation: secure storage on-site or at external facilities; coordination with trusted partners and fine art shipping companies.
White glove handling to ensure the safety of the artwork at every step of transportation by air, ground, or sea, from crating and packing to unpacking and installation.
Personalized solutions for multimodal art shipping nationally and internationally.
Updated appraisals and real-time market updates
- Longstanding partnerships with appraisers for efficient and thorough documentation.
- Access to market research tools for valuation, including market price index graphs and auction comparables.
- Complete documentation of artwork information, including provenance, exhibition history, and literature references.
Certificates of insurance and appraisals for insurance purposes
We partner with you to assess your collecting goals and potential investment opportunities, and present artworks based on prospective returns and your personal taste.
- Backed by decades of experience, our expert art consultants and research team employ art market tools, sales history, art indices and much more to inform financially minded opportunities for our clients.
- Founder and Owner Jim Carona worked for decades in finance, employing that experience when he and Heather Sacre opened the gallery in 1996. Jim continues to utilize his expertise in the art market and financial sector to help clients make investment minded decisions.
- Heather James Fine Art has been in business for over 25 years with galleries or consultancies in New York, London, Basel, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Jackson Hole, Palm Desert, Montecito, Newport Beach, and Palm Beach. As we have dealt with important artworks spanning a wide cross-section of genres and time periods, we have been fortunate to place works with some of the world’s top collectors. Always aiming to be a resource in art decisions, it is our pleasure to help our clients navigate the art market and the investment potential of art as an asset.
Heather James Fine Art is not a registered investment, legal or tax advisor. All investment and financial opinions expressed by Heather James Fine Art are opinion based on personal research. Past performance is not a guarantee of future return, nor is it necessarily indicative of future performance.
Re-framing, re-glazing, and advising on lighting and display.
Conservation and restoration
Facilitating conservation and restoration treatments from beginning to end, through communication with conservators, treatment proposals, secure transport, and treatment documentation.
Lending for purchases and liquidity
Assisting with loans for acquisition or against existing owned art.
Consultation visits, artwork selection for key walls and spaces, and installation.
Exchange and installation of artwork that may sell while on display as all works provided for staging remain active gallery inventory.
Negotiations with home buyer who also seeks to purchase the artwork on display.